Marriott Winston-Salem, Winston Salem, NC
POSITION PURPOSE: Serves meals to patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Provides beverage service within 3 minutes from time guest was seated.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it within 3 minutes from time seated.
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Serves patrons meals within the 20 minute time period.
- Completes a check back within 2 minutes after customer receives meal
- Associate makes every effort to obtain customers name and use it a minimum of 2 times during the meal.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier within 1 minute of time requested.
- Associate is in full uniform (including name tag) at all times.
- Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course and completely resets table within 5 minutes of time customer departs.
- When approached with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself at all times to assist customer in resolving the problem.
- Associate will become a resident expert on in-house information along with local information to assist customer when questioned on these two areas.
- Assist host/hostess in the seating of customers when needed.
- Completion of all opening, running (during service time), and closing sidework assigned each shift.
- Assist co-workers when needed throughout the shift.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
- Use of proper serving procedures as outlined in the certification/training program.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One to three months related experience or training.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time