Front Desk Agent
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, Mt. Arlington, NJ
What you will be doing
- Produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions
- Greet, register ands assign rooms to guests. Issues room key and provides instructions to get to guestroom.
- Transmit and receive telephone messages
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions
- Makes and confirms reservations
- Use suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Deposit guests' valuables in safe deposit box
- Post charges, computes bill, collects payment and makes changes for guests
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times
- Use guest's name during check in, check out and all guest interractions
- Follow all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist guests when presented with questions
- Respond to guest requests within 10 minutes of time request was made
- Visually greet all guests within 15 foot radius and verbally greet all guests within 5 foot radius
- Available hotel outlets/amentities along with hours of operation must be explained to all customers.
- Send outgoing fax messages per guests' requests
- When approached by a guest with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving the problem
- Communicate guest requests to the appropriate department and follow up that guest needs were met
- Report to Maintenance any problems that require repair
- Ensure that wake up calls are entered accurately
- May assist with other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorilly. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondance and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondance
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other associates within the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Detail-oritented, professional and friendly with excellent guest service skills
- General knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Willing to work flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job funtions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform.