Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, Mt. Arlington, NJ
Cleans rooms and halls in hotel/motel by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Sorts, counts, folds, marks, or carries linens. Makes beds.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Cleans corridors and stairways.
- Sweeps and scrubs bathroom floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Scrubs bathroom vanity, toilet, mirrors, walls and bathroom fan.
- Completes a quality check on the television, telephone, AC, and smoke detectors.
- Removes any items left behind from room and takes to lost and found with proper documentation filled out.
- Reports any maintenance related problems to the maintenance department through the proper communication channels.
- Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Proper uniform worn at all times.
- Score of 90% or higher obtained on room inspections.
- Acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting given to each and every guest.
- Thorough knowledge of all in house product along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
- Proper organizational skills displayed when stocking cart and timeliness of cart stocking after completing rooms.
- Team effort displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- Timely (within 10 minutes) response to customers needs for housekeeping supplies.
- Guest name is used at all times upon entering an occupied room.
- Associate will empower himself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as their problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
- All loaned equipment will be returned to the FD immediately.
- All vacant rooms will be checked daily to insure the status is correct.
- Associate will assume the responsibility of maintaining the storerooms in a clean, neat, and organized state.
- Associate must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises.
- Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Competitive pay and incentive for additional work or a job well done
* Paid vacation and PTO after one year
* Hotel discounts at all Marriott and Starwood properties
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.