Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston Salem, Winston Salem, NC
Cleans rooms and halls in hotel by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Sorts, counts, folds, marks, or carries linens.
- Makes beds.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses writing supplies and brand standard collateral.
- Cleans corridors and stairways.
- Sweeps and scrubs bathroom floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture, washes walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Scrubs bathroom vanity, toilet, mirrors, walls and bathroom fan.
- Completes a quality check on the television, telephone, AC, and smoke detectors.
- Removes any items left behind from room and takes to lost and found with proper documentation filled out.
- Reports any maintenance related problems to the maintenance department through the proper communication channels.
- Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Proper uniform worn at all times.
- Score of 90% or higher obtained on room inspections.
- Acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting given to each and every guest.
- Thorough knowledge of all in house product along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
- Proper organizational skills displayed when stocking cart and timeliness of cart stocking after completing rooms.
- Team effort displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- Timely (within 10 minutes) response to customers needs for housekeeping supplies.
- Guest name is used at all times upon entering an occupied room.
- Accept any customer problem brought to their attention as there problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
- All vacant rooms will be checked daily to ensure the status is correct.
- Associate will assume the responsibility of maintaining, organizing and cleaning storerooms.
- Associate must display a CARE attitude and assist associates when the need arises.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read a limited number of words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak English simple sentences in order to service guests/clients of the hotel.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
- Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to six months related experience or training.
- Preference given to those with previous hotel housekeeping experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Room rate discounts at participant Hotels.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.