Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, Pompano Beach, FL
Who this job will appeal to
An Excellent leader seeking the opportunity to show their skills and join a growing company that LOVES their associates!
What you will be doing
In this role, you will oversee the physical operations of the hotel, including maintenance and repair of interior and exterior of buildings. This will be accomplished by scheduling employees to ensure proper coverage and communicating and enforcing policies and procedures of the hotel. You will be responsible for training employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensuring the execution and achievement of the hotel's preventive maintenance program goals.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills with some laundry experience preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following:regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training .
- Five years of experience in general building maintenance, construction and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel experience preferred.
- Any building trade license/certificates from the state of employment
- Two years apprenticeship in stationary engineer’s program; or two years’ experience as maintenance stationary engineer
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish Computer literate
Our Associates Love
- Amazing opportunities for career advancement across HVMG
- Flexible full-time and part-time schedules
- Up to 40% earned wages paid BEFORE payday with PayActive
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Full Healthcare Benefits (including medical, dental, and vision coverage)
- 401k Retirement Plan with a guaranteed 4% match and no vesting
- Hotel and Food and Beverage Discounts and Perks
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Current Job Openings
at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
- Banquet Bartender
- Catering Sales Manager
- Chief Engineer
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Executive Chef
- Food & Beverage Outlet Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Hotel Maintenance Engineer
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Line / Prep Cook
- Pool Attendant (AM)
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Server
- Sales Manager