Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, Plantation, FL
Current opportunity for you and your amazing technical skills to join an innovative and Excellent team!
Who this job will appeal to
Someone who is curious to know how things work and LOVES to keep them working!
- Assist with the operation maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms to include: vinyl repair touch up paint minor furniture repair tub caulking tile repairs etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines refrigerators kitchen equipment laundry equipment HVAC guestrooms meeting rooms the swimming pool and hot tub.
- Perform plumbing repair laundry equipment repair preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause - determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- General handyman knowledge
- Ability to perform the following: regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; preferred but not required..
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts