Restaurant Supervisor - Due South
Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport, Greensboro, NC
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible to assist the Restaurant Manager in the management and leadership of all aspects of Brush Creek Grille Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, and any special events that benefit these outlets. Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :( include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Maintain complete knowledge of: All liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections are available in the restaurant.
- The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation, and prices.
- Dining room layout, table, station numbers and “Pivot Points”, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range, dress code, and manual system procedures.
- Daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIPs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.
- Monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle extended waiting lines..
- Handle all aspects of closing, including running system closing reports and ensuring that all servers' checks are closed before they sign out; ensuring all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out
- Assist in the preparation and submission of daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Directly supervises 5-20 employees in the restaurant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
- Planning, assigning, and directing work;
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage a variety of tasks while remaining personable.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guests’ service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One to two years of related experience and/or training.
Current Job Openings
at Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport
Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport
Greensboro, NC 27409
Telephone (336) 852-6450