Food Runner / Busser (6am-2pm) Part-time
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, Atlanta, GA
EXCELLENT opportunity to start your hospitality career and thrive!
What you will be doing
The Busser / Food Runner is responsible for organizing guest food tickets, ensuring all dishes are delivered with accurate presentation and temperature, the clearing and resetting of tables as well as disinfecting and sanitizing of the restaurant. This position is instrumental in maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant and ensures efficient table sets to optimize volume of business.
Additional Responsibilities (full job description to be shared during interview):
- Organize food tickets
- Ensure all dishes are delivered with accurate presentation and temperature
- A thorough understanding of health and safety rules in a restaurant
- The ability to communicate customer orders clearly
- Complete opening and closing side-work as assigned.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items, including ingredients and food allergens, and wine list in order to assist guests and answer questions accurately.
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, memorabilia, and décor.
- Assist servers in serving water and other beverages.
- Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible.
- Maintain tables by clearing finished plates, glassware, silverware, trash, and other items.
- Set up and empty trash and recycling.
- Set up and stock condiment and side stations.
- Set up, maintain, and break down beverage stations.
- Maintain floors by picking up debris and spot sweeping with small broom and dustpan.
- Follow all food safety, sanitation, and alcohol service laws and regulations.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Current Job Openings
at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
246 Perimeter Center Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30346
Atlanta, GA 30346
Telephone (770) 394-6500