Catering Sales Manager
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Rafael Marin County, San Rafael, CA
What you will be doing
Catering Sales Manager is responsible for generating top line revenue for the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Rafael by securing new accounts; maintain existing accounts and executing sales strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel. As Catering Sales Manager, you would be responsible for executing written sales agreements for events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions, through these efforts and the successful execution of such events, in the hotel's continuing effort, to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
The Catering Sales Manager will interact frequently with guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Execute written sales agreements for all functions in the hotel's meeting space
- Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
- Participate in hotel promotional activities
- Negotiate terms and pricing of vendor partner agreements and service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated meeting business
- Maintain relationships among the customers their representatives and the hotel to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
- Initiate verbal and written communication with customers and hotel departments outlining details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to, payment structure all food and beverage, public room rental, rental fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
- Partner with operations departments and monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce proposals, contracts, event orders and billing related correspondence
- Conduct site inspections and handle social inquires as needed
- Manage the sales process through consistent lead follow-up, attention to detail, building rapport and closing business
- Effectively communicate client needs via Event Orders (BEOs) and event resumes in a timely fashion
- Coordinate final details, but not limited to, menus, meeting arrangements, guarantees, event room set-up, audio-visual, décor and coordinate with outside vendors
- Assist with day-of event coordination acting as liaison between all departments within the hotel
- Properly track sales activity and event data in Delphi
- Adhere to food, beverage and room rental revenue minimums
- Greet and assist clients with any needs and changes throughout events
- Acts professionally and adheres to all service standards and guidelines
- Follow up with client to assure quality of event and solicitation of next event
- Interact with all levels of staff and management and attend in-house meetings as needed
- Ability to meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Two (2) Years of Conference/Convention Services Experience in a related position with this company and/or another organization, Required.
- Previous Hilton Brand Experience, Highly Preferred.
- Hotel Catering Sales Experience, Highly Preferred.
- Delphi FDC Certification, Preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to communicate with clients in a friendly and positive manner in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints.
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability perform intermediate to expert functions in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and sales volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine Sales Reports and business correspondence.
- Meets legal age requirements for the position.
No. of employees supervised: No formal supervisory responsibility, but act as a team leader in providing advice, counsel, training and assistance to hotel department's contributions to the production of the function.
Travel required: Local travel. Limited domestic travel required.
Hours required: Primarily daytime hours; some evenings; weekends and holidays required. 40 to 50 hours over a five day period