Food and Beverage Manager
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, FL
We now have Payactive! Get paid as you work, that's right! Have access to your money when you need it.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton, St. Augustine Beach Hotel is steps from the sand and seeking a Food & Beverage Manager to lead an amazing team. A resort wowing guest through a tasty pallet and creating memorable experiences is what we do!
Coordinates beverage services activities of hotel, restaurants, bars, banquets or similar establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS will be but are not limited to :
· Estimates all beverage costs and requisitions or purchases supplies.
· Confers with beverage preparation for bars, restaurants and banquet operations.
· Inspects to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
· Investigates and resolves beverage quality and all service complaints.
· Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
· Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
· Estimates consumption and purchases or requisitions supplies.
· Reviews beverage menus, analyzes recipes, determines labor, and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items.
· Directs policy to control costs.
· Supervises personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely production.
· Supervises Bartenders and beverage area staff and operations including development, costing, preparation and service delivery.
· Work with Executive Chef, Banquet Manager, Restaurant Managers and Catering sales staff in developing and marketing local promotions including wedding packages, Christmas parties, office parties, local meetings, holiday functions, packages and charity events.
· Ensures excellence in beverage service delivery
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Food & Beverage or General Manager
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Point of Sales programming and training ability ( Agilysys)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to sunny, hot , wet and/or humid conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two to four years related Resort, Hotel, Hospitality Restaurant & Bar experience and/or training.
Hilton Brand experience preferred
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Augustine
- Barista - Starbucks
- Barista - Starbucks
- Barista Supervisor - Starbucks
- Chef de Cuisine
- Event Services Manager
- Executive Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Guest Service Representative
- Front Office Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Maintenance Engineer
- Manager on Duty
- Night Auditor
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Server
- Room Attendants / Lobby Attendants - Housekeeping
- Security Guard (Overnight)