Business Travel Sales Manager
Embassy Suites Phoenix Downtown North, Phoenix, AZ
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for the management, execution and continued development of the hotel’s consortia & business travel markets. The sales manager will be responsible for forecasting, prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. This role will manage the process of selling guest rooms while delivering the hotel’s experience to both consortia and business travel market clients through corporate accounts, travel agencies and individual travel.
- Managing current accounts, while prospecting new accounts is required, including outside sales calls, solicitation, prospecting and presentations to maximize guest room revenue.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Execute sales activities to achieve budgeted goals
- Pursue and negotiate all Transient accounts including telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, sales trips, trade shows, site inspections, networking, and sales entertainment
- Develop and implement all sales and marketing strategies associated with the Consortia & Business Travel markets
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors in order to capitalize on market opportunities and to establish a leadership position in the market
- Develop and maintain relationships with key & target accounts
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Plan and participate in sales trips and industry related meetings as appropriate to the assigned markets/territories. Participate in departmental sales meetings, relevant operational meetings.
- Negotiate with clients and achieves maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying clients’ needs
- Communicate effectively with hotel stakeholders to ensure client’s needs and expectations are satisfied
- Maintain files by proper and expedient client dialogue documentation, adherence to trace dates and maintaining files on active trace
- Support and plan special sales activities, promotions and client events
- Problem solves with other departments as needed to book business into the hotel
- Enhance the hotel’s community’s image by actively participating in associations, events, clubs and boards
- Stay ahead of hotel competition- their new developments, services and amenities, to ensure competitive knowledge and strategy are current
- Assume active ownership of assigned sales territory and responds to specific market needs, initiates needed action and suggests to sales leadership any necessary actions
- Perform all responsibilities in a timely and efficient fashion, following established policy and projecting a favorable image of the hotel
- Complies with hotel standards for sales while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and executive committee
- Perform tasks and projects that support client schedules and sales revenue achievement such as assisting with telephone volume, walk-in site inspections, and evening and weekend appointments
- Has excellent product knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and room dimensions as well as to have same knowledge of competitive hotels
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed under pressure and meet deadlines
- Incisive analytical skills, as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills as well as the ability to objectively communicate troublesome spots ahead to the hotel’s senior leadership
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Knowledge of Sales, Reservation and Room’s distribution functions
- All other responsibilities assigned by management
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. from four -year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years of Hotel Business Travel Sales Management Experience.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point.
OnQ Property Management and Delphi experience a plus.
Ability to lift, push a minimum of 15 lbs. Ability to sit for an extended period of time. Ability to perform repetitive hand action.
Indoor office setting with a desk, file cabinets, computers, and telephones and with brightly lit florescent overhead lights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.