Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, Plantation, FL
Who this job will appeal to
A Leader with a smile! Someone who absolutely LOVES people and is seeking to join a company that LOVES their associates! You are a people pleaser by nature, detail oriented, organized and you have the gift of persuasion. You have a desire to learn and apply skill to know about and advance in sales. As Sales Coordinator, you would be well positioned to learn the ins and outs of sales, while supporting a talented sales team.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to Sales Managers in the hotels' continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; assisting and responding to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner. Perform word-processing, typing, e-mailing, data-entry, filing, faxing, copying, and processing mail. Performing other general office duties and assist with special projects, as needed.
As a Sales Coordinator, you will
- Use your excellent organizational skills and helpful nature to keep the sales department running smoothly, enabling the sales team to focus fully on booking business and beating sales goals.
- Be the department’s communications hub, ensuring the flow of messages and info within the department and externally between fellow departments, customers and vendors.
- Help the department stay on track to reach targets by inputting data and maintaining spreadsheets to generate reports. Using your eye for detail and passion for order, maintain meticulous records for later reference and reporting.
- Welcome callers and visitors graciously in a professional manner and handle requests promptly.
- Help us develop our social media platform by assisting our agency and managers with clever, unique and ongoing posting ideas for Facebook and Instagram. Participate in brand training opportuinites and attend all social media meetings sponsored by the brand
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: regularly required to talk , hear and interact with guests. Frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and stand for long periods of time.
Education & Experience
One to two years of Sales Coordinator experience is required.
A high school degree or equivalent education is required, with a college degree helpful. Clear, effective verbal and written English communication skills are essential. This position requires excellent organization skills and attention to detail. The ability to operate a telephone, computer, and various software is expected, with Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge helpful. A general understanding of sales operations is also helpful.
Marriott systems specifically CI/TY Lightspeed, Marsha, etc.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts