Element Atlanta Buckhead, Atlanta, GA
Why You Want to Work for Us...
Hospitality Ventures Management Group (HVMG) is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals based in Atlanta, GA.
We are excited to share this amazing opportunity to join HVMG and continue our long partnership with Marriott as the General Manager at the Element by Westin Atlanta Buckhead!
Why you will enjoy this job
You are a natural networker and people person. A hands on General Manager who will work collaboratively with their team and spend quality face time with your guests creating genuine relationships. You will be effective at setting and executing project deliverables for the opening of the hotel.
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- Ability to manage up, drive and lead a team.
- Local market knowledge experience preferred.
- Proven track record of revenue, market share and GSS improvements/results.(after opening)
- Individuals who enjoy working at a property that develops people for promotion.
- People who enjoy working at a property that takes an active role in the community.
- Someone who is creative while being profit driven.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The ideal candidate will have Marriott Select Brands, preferably an Element. You will have recent proven hotel opening experience in a like market. You will have an excellent mind set, a great roll up your sleeves and get it done attitude, with a smile!
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Requires a minimum of 4+ years of leadership experience in a hotel environment.
- Must have similar brand experience.
- Must be able to lead Revenue and Sales disciplines.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Track record improving market leading properties.
- Track record improving yield and building volume.
- Track record driving and meeting GSS.
- Consistently exceed revenue and guest expectations.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience and lead by example.
- Collaborative/hands on management style.
- Proven successful leadership experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience training associates.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all associates with a mind set of excellence.
- Coach associates how to resolve and deescalate conflicts.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Work with limited support.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computers in order to complete essential job functions successfully.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Excellent budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Understand, lead and adhere company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Thorough understanding of HR requirements and regulatory agency requirements.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Forecasting skills.
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Consistently call on new customers and develop new business.
- Involved with local community to develop business.
- Juggle and balance needs of company and owner.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401K with a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and highly attainable bonus program