Banquet Set Up Part-time
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, Plantation, FL
Who this job will appeal to
A fun energetic team player looking for a part time evening job with opportunity to learn and grow!
What you will be doing
- Clean and set up all banquet rooms as directed on BEO's or by customer and supervisor.
- Complete all required set-ups and breakdowns in accordance with hotel and IMPAC standards.
- Perform duties and assignments as specified by supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining clean and neat function rooms, storage areas and equipment areas.
- Insure the equipment is maintained in good working order and if broken communicate to Engineering department.
- Use care, and practice safety requirements when moving equipment.
- Follow lost and found procedures.
- Attend all department meetings.
- Perform customer requests in a professional timely manner.
- Assist fellow associates in performing their duties.
- Comply with any side work assignments.
- Follow all house rules adhering to specified standards of dress, appearance and attendance.
- Insure all set up of a meeting are completed a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.
- Insure the response time for any changes in set up is no more than the standard of 10 minutes.
- Coordinate and insure the set up of food buffet a minimum of 5 minutes prior to break.
- Insure the proper re-freshing of the breaks and water stations (minimum of every 60 minutes or as needed if sooner).
- Insure any messages are delivered within 5 minutes of time received.
- Insure Audio Visual Equipment is set up within 30 minutes of scheduled function.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist customers when questioned.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself to assist the customer at all times.
- Associate will make every effort to obtain customers name and use it when addressing customer.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Education & Experience
- Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts