Kids Club Attendant Part-time
Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach, FL
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach can feel more like play than work. Our property is the premier resort destination of Central Florida. This electrifying resort destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from Sessions restaurant, Wave bar, a Rock Spa® & Salon and music galore. Our Commitment to Service: We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Hard Rock Hotel family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
The Kids Club Attendant is responsible for opening the Kids Club, ensuring all areas are safe, setting up and conducting activities, greeting and registering guests, ensuring safety rules are followed, and serving snacks and lunches.
- Open and close Kids Club according to procedures.
- Ensure reception desk is organized and fully stocked at all times.
- Ensure all areas of the Kids Club are safe and secure at all times.
- Set up activity areas, including crafts, coloring tables, and games.
- Prepare and post daily activities schedule.
- Greet and register guests, complete release forms and medical forms, and process charge vouchers.
- Explain safety rules to children and ensure they are followed at all times.
- Serve snacks and lunches. Ensure dietary and allergy requirements are met.
- Direct field trips, games, movies, and other activities.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
- Ability to comprehend and use basic language, either written or spoken, to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
Secondary school degree preferred and/or previous work experience in service for at least 1 year.
Closing: Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.