Hospitality Ventures Management Group, Atlanta, GA
Why You Want to Work for Us
You will have the opportunity to do something you LOVE and make an impact on the over-all success of the company, achieve your professional goals and have fun while doing it. Excellent opportunities for growth and development for an outstanding candidate!
Who Will This Job Appeal To..
An individual who enjoys assisting others in achieving excellent results. You will thrive in a fast paced environment andLOVEthe hotel business! You will be independent and self-motivated and LOVE having fun at work!
What You Will Be Doing..
The Regional Controller is responsible for the preparation, review, and distribution of all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Hospitality Ventures Accounting standard operating procedures, and Hospitality Ventures standard accounting procedures. The Regional Controller is responsible for understanding the working capital requirements of the hotels they support, and ensuring there is appropriate levels of liquidity. Supporting the VP of Finance & Accounting, this individual’s responsibilities include the training, coaching, organizing, and coordination of the activities of assigned hotel’s accounting office, to ensure efficient operations.
Other things you will be doing.!
- Serve as a financial advisor and resource to hotels’ financial and management teams.
- Resolve accounting issues and communicate proper procedures to hotels and to the centralized accounting staff.
- Work with internal and external auditors to complete audits as needed.
- Assist in developing Accounting Staff as required.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective general accounting processes.
- Ensure all monthly Hotel Financial Statements are prepared in accordance with standards, reviewed for accuracy, and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review Profit & Loss Statements for accuracy. Review and research any entries or results that appear inaccurate, unexplainable, or that creates significant variance with planned or historical results.
- Produce monthly financial reports as required or requested.
- Provide information to third party owners as required or requested.
- Track key metrics for all hotels and work with General Managers to assess and improve performance. Recommend areas of possible savings opportunities and efficiencies.
- Work with takeover teams for the smooth transition of new properties into the system. Assist in training of property Controllers
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accurately completed, fully supported, and post adjusting entries in a timely manner.
- Produce weekly and monthly cash forecasts and review weekly cash outflow projections to manage working capital
- Review all accounts payable invoices at hotel level for reasonableness and accuracy before posting.
- Review payroll upload files at hotel level for accuracy before posting.
- Review fixed asset additions for proper coding and update depreciation schedules.
- Review all operational tax returns for the hospitality operations within their portfolio; Sales, Use, Transient Occupancy, Telecommunications, etc.
- With the General Managers, maintain a Critical Date List database of all licenses, business permits, contracts, leases, and other legal obligations to ensure all are current and maintained in accordance to the appropriate documents.
- Manage all retail entities to ensure proper recording of financial data. Reconcile CAM fees on an annual basis and communicate to tenants, ownership and third party managers any required changes.
- Review credit card fees and bank fees for reasonableness.
- Oversee property accounts receivable, and communicate any risk to VP of Finance.
- Review credit card chargebacks on a monthly basis for reasonableness
- Implement annual property review procedure with GM’s to assure proper front office and POS system collections for sales and occupancy taxes.
- Approach all encounters with clients and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with HV standards, as required by scheduling, which may vary according to the needs of the Accounting Department.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Comply at all times with HV standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Specific Job Knowledge Skills & Abilities..YOU will need to be Successful!
- Experience with M-3, Profit Sword Suite, and Hotel Effectiveness.
- Extensive knowledge of financial statement preparation, accounts payable, payroll, and income audit back of house hospitality systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Education & Experience..
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university with a degree in business required, preferably in finance or accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 7 year’s hospitality industry experience either corporate/ regional or on property related experience and/or training in the hospitality industry; Experience in closing multiple hotels in a centralized environment using M3, or equivalent systems.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Holiday / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts