Front Desk Clerk
Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport, Greensboro, NC
Looking for somewhere to grow and start your career within the hotel industry? Come join this pheromonal Front Desk Team at the High Point Marriot- Greensboro!!
POSITION PURPOSE: Accommodates guests of hotel or motel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :( include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May be required at any time to fill in the job duties of either the Reservationist or the PBX operator (review individual job descriptions.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts, and credit through operation of the FD computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- Uses guest's name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Ensures that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered within six rings.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist customers when questioned.
- Bucket checks must be performed a minimum of one time per shift.
- When responding to the switchboard the proper TAKE 1 script must be used at all times.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of the time the request was made.
- Respond to customers immediately upon entering the lobby.
- Room directions along with hotel outlets along hours of operation must be explained to all customers.
- Outgoing fax messages must be sent within two minutes from the time requested.
- Customers must be notified of incoming fax with 30 minutes.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, the associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving this problem.
- Telephone messages must be communicated to customers within 1 minute of receiving the call.
- Courtesy calls must be placed to newly rented rooms to ensure the customer is completely satisfied.