Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport, Greensboro, NC
“ What makes a workplace feel like home? It’s a place that brings out your best, every day. Because it makes you want to be better, every day. It’s a place where your strengths are appreciated; where people welcome you as you are. And applaud you for where you’re going.”
POSITION PURPOSE: Cleans rooms and halls in hotel/motel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Sorts, counts, folds, marks, or carries linens. Makes beds.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Cleans corridors and stairways.
- Sweeps and scrubs bathroom floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to the disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Scrubs bathroom vanity, toilet, mirrors, walls, and bathroom fan.
- Completes a quality check on the television, telephone, AC, and smoke detectors.
- Removes any items left behind from the room and takes them to lost and found with proper documentation filled out.
- Reports any maintenance-related problems to the maintenance department through the proper communication channels.
- Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for the performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
- The proper uniform is worn at all times.
- A score of 90% or higher was obtained on room inspections.
- Acknowledgment and a pleasant greeting were given to each and every guest.
- Thorough knowledge of all in-house products along with local area information to assist customers when needed.
- Proper organizational skills displayed when stocking cart and timeliness of cart stocking after completing rooms.
- The team effort was displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- Timely (within 10 minutes) response to customer's needs for housekeeping supplies.
- Guest name is used at all times upon entering an occupied room.
- The associate will empower himself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as their problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
- All loaned equipment (ie. irons, etc) will be returned to the FD immediately.
- All vacant rooms will be checked daily to ensure the status is correct.
- The associate will assume the responsibility of maintaining the storerooms in a clean, neat, and organized state.
- The associate must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises.