Courtyard by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, Grand Rapids, MI
Research, develop, supervise and analyze the direct marketing and sales activities of the hotel. Major goal is to achieve specified Sales/Marketing Department room night and revenue projections in accordance with all annual budgets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
Under the direction of the GM and in coordination with corporate staff, will be responsible for initial training, continual guidance, future development, and actual revenue productivity of all marketing and sales personnel. Outside sales production and results will be major focus at all times.
Primary responsibility is monthly/annual group business.
Major group markets include S.M.E.R.F., Group Tour, and assisting with local-regional corporate.
- Trains and supervises the internal booking procedures of the hotel with all inside sales personnel.
- Research and develop written marketing and sales objectives for implementation to obtain "Actual" short term and long term future business.
- Make outside sales contacts with major specified commercial customers as well as problem accounts.
- Along with general manager, is a liaison within the community.
- Participate with General Manager in developing overall hotel business and marketing plan, advertising, public relations, or sales promotional programs.
- Advise any marketing inefficiencies and opportunities.
- Administer, supervise and analyze all marketing, sales objectives and goals developed through the "Marketing Plan" or specified by the General Manager (in conjunction with HVMG input and support).
- Supervise, monitor and take appropriate action concerning marketing/sales department administration and tracking systems.
- Evaluates all market segments monthly for future development of written objectives and "fine tuning" of current business/marketing strategies.
- Weekly review of sales and marketing activities with General Manager and additional staff members when applicable.
- Supervise special rate programs within established guidelines. Attend any designated industry trade shows and sporadic feeder market trips when called upon (3-5 day trips).
- Submit required monthly/quarterly/annual reports to General Manager and designated HVMG corporate staff.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education: Fifth year college or university program certificate; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Two to four years related experience and/or training