Banquet Server Part-time On-call
Atlanta Marriott Northeast/Emory Area, Atlanta, GA
Who this job will appeal to
- Fine Dining Restaurant Servers, Banquet Servers, Hotel and Catering Servers
To provide guests with consistent quality service.
What you will be doing
- Insure constant attention to all customers needs and take necessary action to insure complete guest satisfaction.
- Read banquet/catering orders pertaining to assigned function (be familiar with menu and service procedures.
- Upsell Food and Beverage whenever possible.
- Insure all napkins, china, glassware, and silverware are spotless, polished and impeccable.
- Attend all department meetings.
- Report all shortages of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain positive professional attitude with fellow associates and any customers at all times.
- Comply with all side work assignments.
- Have a knowledge of and practice all safety and fire procedures.
- Follow all house rules adhering to specified standards of grooming, uniforms and attendance.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Insure all set up of a meeting are completed a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.Job Description Banquet Server Page 2
- Insure the response time for any changes in set up is no more than the standard of 10 minutes.
- Coordinate and insure the set up of food buffet a minimum of 5 minutes prior to break.
- Insure the proper re-freshing of the breaks and water stations (minimum of every 60 minutes or as needed if sooner).
- Insure any messages are delivered within 5 minutes of time received.
- Insure Audio Visual Equipment is set up within 30 minutes of scheduled function.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist customers when questioned.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself to assist the customer at all times.
- Associate will make every effort to obtain customers name and use it when addressing customer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work AM shift and/or PM shift
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training.