Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for insuring Food and Beverage success through the direction and control of the kitchen operations and to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Kitchen Manager’s responsibility is to direct the kitchen operation to maintain the highest standards of food quality and to ensure that cleanliness, safety, and sanitation standards are being met by directing and supervising the heart of the house members.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Lead and instruct kitchen staff in details of preparing menu items. Oversees food preparation during meal periods including special events.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- Develop menus with food preparation and presentation standards. Ensure that all standards of Excellence are upheld while maintaining proper health and safety codes ensuring a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities
- Maintain responsibility for the hiring, training, and proficiency of all culinary employees, including the performance reviews, assigning and directing work; rewarding and coaching employees.
- Be responsible for the execution of all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
- Meet the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives. Control the Culinary budgeting process, i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. and all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability manage a large and busy kitchen that services the restaurant and banquets.
- Creative, current on food and industry trends.
- Must be able to manage all BOH standards, food and labor costs, have strong culinary skills and excellent communication skills.
Requirements include basic reading, writing, and math skills with some kitchen experience preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires the ability to perform the following: regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
Education & Experience
Two-year degree in Culinary Arts; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years of experience in a similar role. Preferably in a hotel environment
Supervisory Skills managing a team of 3- people
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts