Security Guard (Overnight)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
Who this job will appeal to
A fun energetic team player looking for an opportunity to learn and grow!
What you will be doing
As a Security Officer, you would be responsible for ensuring the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel's effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Patrol the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks, and undesirable conditions
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies, and threats to life and/or property
- Promote safe work practices
- Initiates preliminary investigations into incidents, as needed
- Writes reports and ensures accuracy of the necessary documentation, as needed
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Assists with light housekeeping/maintenance duties i.e. picking up trash, emptying trash cans, straightening pool furniture/pool area, delivering items to guest rooms, changing burnt-out light bulbs, etc.
Requirements include basic reading, writing, and math skills with some laundry experience preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires the ability to perform the following: regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
Education & Experience
- Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 months of prior security or Military experience preferred
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts