Tavern 17, Mahwah, NJ
Who this job will appeal to
A fun energetic team player looking for an opportunity to learn and grow!
What you will be doing
- Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful, CARING attitude of EXCELLENCE
- Set and prepare tables for dining, including, but not limited to, folding napkins, cleaning and placing tableware, serving water, etc.
- Ensure tableware is in good and working condition and report any defects for repair
- Stock, maintain and clean designated food station(s)
- Assist food server(s) with table service, including, but not limited to, serving beverages, breads, etc.
- Transport food items to and from the kitchen to the outlets
- Retrieve and transport dirty tableware to dishwashing area
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Provides standard directions to guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of F&B preparation, service standards, guest relations and restaurant etiquette
- Abide by company appearance standards and with the designated uniform
- Ability and dedication to exceed service standards and providing these services the the highest degree
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed
Education & Experience
Less than high school education; or one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.