Front Desk Associate/Guest Services Agent
The University Inn at Emory, Atlanta, GA
Accommodates guests of Inn and assists operations, marketing, sales and management, and coordinates with maintenance team by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and stay instructions.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room or sundry items to guest folio.
- Knowledge of area restaurants, transportation, or entertainment.
- Process daily audit reports.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the Front Desk computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Works with all departments to assure smooth service to customer.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- Uses guests name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Insures that incoming calls are answered within six rings.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist customers when questioned.
- Bucket checks must be performed a minimum of one time per shift.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request was made.
- Acknowledge/respond to customer immediately upon entering the lobby.
- Room directions along with hotel outlets along with hours of operation must be explained to all customers.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving this problem.
- Makes courtesy calls to newly rented rooms to insure customer is completely satisfied.
- Work with management assisting with projects and tasks using computer programs, telephone, administrative, marketing and sales
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have passion for hospitality.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office components
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education, and experience.
- One year experience.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.