Food and Beverage Supervisor (PM)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Center, Atlanta, GA
What You Will Be Doing
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests however busy and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquires accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the hotel restaurant.
- the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion size, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- dining room layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code.
- P.O.S. and manual system procedures.
- daily house count, arrivals/departures, V.I.P.’s.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Assist in establishing par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Requisition linens/skirting required for business and assign staff to transport such to the restaurant.
- Assign work and side duties to staff. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Check the status of all orders and ensure that they are delivered within designated timelines.
- Legal age to serve alcoholic beverages
- One year of supervisory experience
- Food handling certification
- Enforce hotel standards, policies and procedures with restaurant staff.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, delegate work.
- Direct performance of restaurant staff and follow up with training where needed.
- Motivate restaurant staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ascertain Restaurant training needs and provide such training.
- Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Suggestively sell menu items, beverages and wines.
- Input and access information into P.O.S. system.
- Work without direct supervision.
- Some college or equivalent experience
- Must be available to work any day from 2:00pm - 11:00pm
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employer Matching 401(K)
- Free Parking
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Center