Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach, FL
The Barback is responsible for assisting the Bartenders in friendly, courteous beverage preparation and service in accordance with established standards, additionally maintaining the stock and cleanliness of the bar.
· Complete bar requisitions.
· Ensure lounge/bar area is clean and in order at all times, including bar, tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, memorabilia, and décor.
· Stock juice, mixers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and paper/plastic supplies.
· Clean and stock glassware.
· Cut and stock garnishes.
· Maintain tables by clearing finished plates, glassware, silverware, trash, and other items.
· Set, clear, and reset tables.
· Clean bar tops, sinks, speed rails, ice bins, guns and lines, bottles, cabinets, and coolers.
· Set up and empty trash and recycling.
· Follow all food safety, sanitation, and alcohol service laws and regulations.
· Sweep and mop floors.
· Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
· Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
· Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
· Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
· Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
· Promote property outlets to guests.
· Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
· Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
· Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
· Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
· Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
· Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
· Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
· Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
· Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
· Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
· Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
· Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
· Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
· Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
· Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
· Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.