Director of Finance
Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown Convention Center, Nashville, TN
Who this job will appeal to..
You will enjoy working in a small team, hands on and dedicated to producing excellent, detailed work for this new-build property in Nashville, TN.
What you will be doing
You will support the General Manager and all Department heads with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data which will increase the management effectiveness for each department.
Accounting Essential Functions:
- Responsible for batching invoices in the MIS system within 48 hours from time of receipt.
- Insures credit approval is authorized by the GM four (4) weeks prior to the customer's arrival date for any direct bills.
- Insures that all direct bills are sent invoices no longer than three (3) days after check out date.
- Manages tracking tools to ensure billing process is up to date including bill date and collection date.
- Follows up on and documents any Direct Bill accounts over 45 days past due.
- Documents all city ledger checks to the check log and process within 24 hours of receipt.
- Insures all Incident Reports are completed and shared with Insurance Company within 24 hours of incident.
- Insures the End of Month is completed within the deadline dates.
- Keeps accruals and labor in ProfitSword up to date and accurate.
- Include details in all journal Entries that allow for future explanation during budgeting season.
- Have experience in creating hospitality budgets, forecasting, proper department's expense tracking and labor categories.
- Participate in Inventory process per company policies to limit discrepancies and unexpected and out of period expenses.
- Manage utility accounts to accurately book expenses during the proper period.
- Understand taxes and laws in regards to payroll forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist in compiling variance notes and explanations.
- Keeps the Liquor Check Register in order and enter into M3 as written.
- Prepares financial analysis of operations through ProfitSword..
- Maintains files of all record retention including critical date list, contracts, insurance policies, permits, licenses, sales and use tax reports, expenses, cash handling, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable documentation.
- Assists management in the administration of personnel policies.
- Audit various departments periodically for compliance of all policies and procedures.
- Advises management in regards to insurance claims and insurance coverage updates for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Responds to any credit card chargebacks with forty eight (48) hours.
- Insure vendor telephone calls are responded to within four (4) working hours.
- Insure HVMG telephone calls are responded to with (4) working hours.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Work with vendors on payment schedules and renegotiate where possible for favorable terms.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
- Verifies bank deposit to insure validated amount matches reported amount on the Daily Managers Report.
- Counts and verifies the safe and bank(s) counts daily.
- Insure all house accounts are brought to zero balance nightly.
- Insures proper approval procedures are being received on all purchases.
- Insures deposits are taken to the bank daily.
- Insure payroll checks are controlled and/or distributed per policy. All unclaimed checks should be properly controlled.
- Proper documentation completed on all tipped and gratuity associates.
- Insure proper approval received on all complimentary rooms.
- Establish and maintain an organized and up to date Tax Exempt File, No Show Billing File and Contract status and expiration file detailing notice dates for termination and highlighting auto renew contracts.
- Establish positive work relationship with department heads allowing for learning and growth.
- Hold weekly meetings to review credit and billing issues.
- Prepare cash flow analysis to be accurate and adjustable as business levels change.
- Spot check store rooms and closets to ensure presence and security of company assets.
- Manage package pass process for removal of any items from property.
- Oversee key safety program with Dir. of Engineering and Night Manager where applicable.
- Audit liquor sales process and compliance with required licenses and certifications.
- Insures all HVMG Code of Ethics, Controls and S.O.P.'s are in place,.
What's Required to be Considered
- 5+ Years of progressive experience in Hotel Accounting
- 3+ Years of Leadership Experience.
- Four-year or University Program Certificate; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hotel Opening Experience, Required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook. Excel, and Power Point.
- Able to work independently using good judgment and part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain exceptional degree of discretion regarding confidential information.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision and more)
- Vacations/Sick/Personal Days
- Hotel and F&B Discounts
- Career Development/Training Opportunities/Growth