Front Desk Agent
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Airport West, East Point, GA
What you will be doing
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May be required at any time to fill in the job duties of either the Reservationist or the PBX operator (review individual job descriptions.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the FD computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- Uses guests name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Insures that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered within six rings.
- Bucket checks must be performed a minimum of one time per shift.
- When responding to the switchboard the proper TAKE 1 script must be used at all times.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request was made.
- Respond to customer immediately upon entering the lobby.
- Room directions along with hotel outlets along with hours of operation must be explained to all customers.
- Outgoing fax messages must be sent within two minutes from the time requested.
- Customers must be notified of an incoming fax with 30 minutes.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving this problem.
- Telephone messages must be communicated to customer within 1 minute of receiving the call.
- Courtesy calls must be placed to newly rented rooms to insure customer is completely satisfied.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist customers when questioned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training. Prefer Hotel experience