Hotel Operations Manager
Delta Hotels Daytona Beach Oceanfront, Daytona Beach Shores, FL
The ideal candidate for this position...
The Ideal Candidates is a high energy, hands on Operations Manager. You will have the opportunity to use your excellent relationship-building skills to drive exceptional results while being an active member of the local community. This individual will thrive in an environment of autonomy where you will run the hotel as if it is their own business.
This position reports to the Area General Manager and assists with the overall responsibility of the operation for the entire hotel including profitability, guest service, product quality, overall cleanliness and maintenance of hotel property. This individual serves as the Brand Expert for the Delta Hotels Brand and ensures that all Marriott Brand Standards are met.
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
An individual with...
- Ability to manage up, drive and lead a team of Excellent associates.
- Local market knowledge experience preferred.
- Proven track record of revenue, market share and GSS improvements/results.
- An individual who enjoys working at a property that has been well maintained.
- Individuals who enjoy working at a property that develops people for promotion.
- People who enjoy working at a property that takes an active role in the community.
- Someone who wants to join a progressive company.
- Someone who is creative while being profit driven.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Requires a minimum of 5 plus of leadership experience in a hotel environment.
- Must have similar brand experience.
- Must be able to lead Revenue and Sales disciplines.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Experience managing and completing hotel Accounting & HR responsibilities.
- Track record improving yield and building volume.
- Track record driving and meeting GSS.
- Consistently exceed revenue and guest expectations.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience and lead by example.
- Participative management style.
- Proven successful leadership experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience training associates.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all associates with a "can-do" attitude.
- Coach associates how to resolve and deescalate conflicts.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Work with limited support.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computers in order to complete essential job functions successfully.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Excellent budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Follow/enforce company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Thorough understanding of HR requirements and regulatory agency requirements.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Forecasting skills.
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Consistently call on new customers and develop new business.
- Involved with local community to develop business.
- Juggle and balance needs of company and owner.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays