Courtyard by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, Grand Rapids, MI
POSITION PURPOSE: Tends laundering machines to clean any linen or terry brought into the laundry room from rooms or restaurant performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :(include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Monitors automatic soap dispensing machines to insure proper amount of chemical is being distributed each load.
- Loads articles into washer insuring the proper amount is loaded in.
- Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into driers for measured time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to type. Folds and places item in appropriate storage bin.
- Mends torn articles. Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry lists.
- Soaks contaminated articles in neutralizer solution in vat to precondition articles for washing.
- Mixes dyes and bleaches according to formula, and dyes and bleaches specified articles.
- Dryer lint filters will be cleaned no less than one time per day.
- Proper uniform and name tag will be worn by guest at all times.
- Acknowledgement and pleasant greeting given to each and every customer coming in contact with.
- Thorough knowledge of all in house outlets along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
- Proper organizational skills displayed in maintaining the laundry room in a clean, neat and organized state.
- Team effort displayed in assisting in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- Timely (within 10 minutes) response to customers’ needs for housekeeping supplies.
- Associate will empower himself/herself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as and take on the responsibility for resolving the problem to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Associates will assume the responsibility of maintaining all storerooms in a clean, neat and organized state.
- Associate must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises.
- Associate must assist Room Attendants in the delivery/restocking of their cartsEach associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests asked by management.