Front Office Manager
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, Nashville, TN
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Front Office Manager
Your team should be molded into a high impact service machine to set the tone for service excellence from all associates. Front the first impression to the last, the operations of Front Office is the face of the hotel As their leader, you should embody the qualities of being excellent in all that you do so our guests, associates and partners love us.
Be the Service Champion -- Innovation, creativity and unapparelled service delivery is the foundation of being at the top of our game. Transforming the typical to the unexpected, from process orientation to simply astonishing guests is the unique roll of this Front Office Manager.
Be the Leader -- From establishing organized and efficient proceedures to developing associates for future growth is what strong leaders do. As Front Office Manager, you are in position to set yourself up for continued growth by harnessing empowerment opportunities, representing upper management in crucial guest satisfaction decisions, understanding and surpassing goal metrics and setting the example of being the place where associates and guests want to be.
Be a Change Agent-- Immersing yourself in a direction that develops both you and the department. Mastering Revenue management, becoming a sales driver and influencer, harnessing the talents of finance to maximize flow, being the conduit of positive communication throughout the hotel are just a few examples of what true change agents will do. .
Key responsibilities of a Front Office Manager include:
- Ensuring that the front desk team is deployed as ambassadors of the cookie, using iconic symbol to reset the moment for our guests.
- Insuring the arrival and departure objective result in excellent GSS scores.
- Astonishing guests by delivering a "plus 1" expectations with a timely, fast and better than excepted service delivery and service recovery execution.
- Be the last stop for service recovery problems with fast, credible and appropriate intervention solutions.
- Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing team members
- Evaluating team performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable
- Setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members
- Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
- Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, and expenditures
- Reviewing guest comments in Medallia and Social Media and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Being a champion of Revenue Management and Hilton Honors
- Exceed the expectations of our Loyalty members and sign up new guests to the Hilton Loyalty program
- Achieve or surpass expectations for semi-annual QA's.
- Maintaining an efficient system of communication between the Front Office and other departments, with particular attention to guest arrivals and departures
- Monitoring and maintaining the front office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance
- Monitoring IT threats and insuring cyber security in Front Office by implementing requires processes and adhering to current procedures
The ideal Front Office Manager candidate will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of two years front desk experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience
- Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Semi-annual bonus plan and 401K
- Insurance: Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Task Force opportunities, quick vacation accrual and personal day program