Director of Sales
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, Nashville, TN
Why You Want to Work for Us
- HVMG is an innovative and rapidly growing company that rewards heart, excellence and positive attitude.
- Opportunity to develop strategies to grow our business.
- Opportunity to grow in a company that fosters success and values the entrepreneurial mind set!
- Part of the Hilton family, well known and respected leader in the industry.
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
A relationship builder that does what it takes to earn business, surprises guests with an edge ahead of the competitors, a self starter who empowers results from associates and a team leader. You will be an excellent networker skilled at building relationships with all stakeholders, stay current with industry trends and events and position the hotel appropriately. You will enjoy making sales calls, snaring new customers and entertaining business clients.
What you will be doing
- Position will be responsible for supervising/managing/overseeing the Sales department including 2 other associates
- In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least one or all of the following departments or positions: Hotel Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management
- Will have overall responsibility for all revenue streams and market segments in the hotel along with direct Revenue Responsibility for specified market segments.
- Responsible for developing, executing and achieving annual marketing plan.
- Responsible for selling meeting space.
- Responsible for the successful execution of the teams monthly actions plans and accountability of associates expenses.
- This position reports to the General Manager
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Establish and direct profitable and cost effective marketing and sales programs.
- Experience creating and monitoring effective social media hotel marketing campaigns.
- Direct & coordinate effective advertising program.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting a variety of analytics and keeping abreast of competitive trends..
- Consistently monitor results to goals with a proven ability to shift share.
- Ensure customers and clients are delighted.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership that positions the property to achieve annual results.
- Provide senior leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire employees to achieve those goals.
- Develop and implement business marketing plan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Track record in building morale and spirit.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience training and cross-training employees.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees.
- Understands the Nashville Market and has hotel selling experience .
- Involved with local community to develop business and hotel street cred.
- Can and has created an outrageously fun, courteous, friendly, professional work environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computers with prior Sales Pro or Delphi experience.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up with clients and associates.
- Strong revenue management decision making skills.
- Excellent pricing and positioning skills
- Ability to produce consistent revenues that either achieve budget or recapture shortfalls.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Teach the whole range of selling, detailing and closing techniques.
- Proven results in selling and negotiating.
- Juggle and balance needs of client, company and owner.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency in Hospitality Management - preferred.
- 2-4 years in Hotel Sales Department, record of accomplishment in growing sales, experience in working social media channels, experience in sourcing booking catering and group accounts, active membership in organizations that influence hotel sales, knowledge of sales systems, (Delphi preferred.)
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off