Dishwasher - PM Weekend
The Burgess, Atlanta, GA
Maintains kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties. Restaurant experience preferred and can work evenings on weekends.
What you will be doing
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- Holds inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle crushing machine.
- Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Sets up banquet tables.
- Washes and peels vegetables.
- Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
- Associate is in full uniform at all times (including name tag).
- Assist busser when needed (see busser job description).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to one month related experience or training.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Current Job Openings
at The Burgess