General Manager - New Hotel - The Curator
Hospitality Ventures Management Group, Atlanta, GA
About the hotel...Choose Your Own Adventure.
New boutique hotel joining the Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward neighborhood, offering an a unique, hyper local lifestyle experience. The hotel is currently being transformed into something fabulous in the heart of East Atlanta. Opening Fall 2020!
"There’s something about travel that makes taking chances easier. You’ll try the unfamiliar food. Buy that wild piece of art. Turn the dial on your personality up a couple notches, no regrets. The Curator Hotel embraces an “I’m not home right now; please leave my 9-to-5 self a message” mentality. We were born for it: in Atlanta, a city full of type-A corporate hotels, we’re the odd duck dressed a little too loudly for the occasion. A lobby that’s more local gallery than business center. And a courtyard cocktail bar that’s essentially East Side Atlanta’s three-season living room. With Ponce City Market up the street, punky Little Five Points down the way, Atlanta’s up- and-coming chefs rotating through our kitchen, and the entire palette of one of the most globally diverse cites in the US to play with, we’ve gathered together the best bits of what it means to be smack in the middle of the in-flux epicenter of culture in the largest city in the South, so you can curate your own story here. Now, get busy taking those travel-fueled chances. Atlanta is wide open and waiting".
Why You Want to Work for Us...
HVMG is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, down to earth individual who has a passion for the art of hospitality. Art, food, and creating unique & authentic experiences is your thing. You may have even been described as quirky or off-beat by those know you or don't! You will have an established and track record of delivering great results in a similar environment. You will love being a part of the local community; sharing your passion and knowledge with your guests and team!
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Requires a minimum of 2+ years of General Manager leadership experience in a similar environment.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate team building experience and lead by example with a participative management style.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Ability to produce consistent results.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Understanding of HR requirements and regulatory agency requirements.
- .Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Consistently develop new customer relationships and develop new business.
- Involved with local community to develop business and goodwill.
- Balance needs of company and owner.
- BA/BS Four year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and highly attainable bonus program