Director of Sales
AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Why You Want to Work for Us
Join an excellent established management company with long-term growth potential! Opportunity to develop strategies to grow our business! Make a difference! Be a part of the AC Hotel by Marriott family, well known and respected leader in the industry.
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
Energetic, experienced hands on sales leader! Excellent, team builder, ability to achieve results and love connecting with your community. Someone with pre-opening and opening experience.
What you will be doing
Leading the sales planning and efforts as part of the opening team - responsible for executing and achieving excellent results and revenue generation.
The ideal candidate for this position..
A hands on sales professional, who can translate the goals into an action plan make it rain!
- Lead and direct opening sales and revenue activities for the hotel - partnering with corporate Sales & Revenue disciplines.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission and the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Collaborate with the team, cultivate and enhance internal/external relationships to attain goals and drive market share.
- Demonstrate an atmosphere of teamwork, morale and a spirit of fun!
- Create a winning team of highly engaged sales professionals, mentor and develop constantly to achieve success and their next desired opportunity.
- Be an inspiration... & someone you would work for and with!
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong budgetary, projections, forecasting cost and control skills.
- Ability to achieve top line revenues.
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action optimizing systems reports and supporting data when appropriate.
- Exceptional skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Involved with local community to develop business.
- Juggle and balance needs of company and owner.
- Minimum of 5yr(s) of experience as a DOS - in a similar position type property - major brand convention/meeting hotel.
- Marriott experience preferred
- Pre- Opening/Opening Experience highly preferred.
- Experience managing and leading sales / catering team
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalent and or combination of experience.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability / Short Term Disability
- 401K with match!
- Generous Paid Time Off