Plunge Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Under the direction of the Director of Sales, the Sales Coordinator sells facilities to telephone call-ins or pre-arranged clients. Responsible for answering all incoming calls, for greeting and directing guests to the appropriate sales department personnel. Also responsible for keeping the Director of Sales and staff appropriately informed of all messages taken in their absence.
What you will be doing
- Answer in-coming calls and direct or handle appropriate requests.
- Type contracts for DOS and Sales Manager on a timely basis.
- Type appointment letters, thank you letters, tentative bookings, etc. on a timely basis.
- Answer calls and/or contact clients to follow up on specific information (room list, billing information, etc.). Follow through with reservations, front desk and accounting accordingly.
- Conduct hotel tours when needed or appropriate.
- Type all proposals on a timely basis and create appropriate file.
- Take clear and concise written messages for assigned sales personnel.
- Attend pre-conference meetings when called upon.
- Greet guests on a professional level.
- File sales files at the end of the day.
- Prepare sales department mail for post office.
- Prepare convention kits and collateral daily to be used in house and on sales calls.
- Open and distribute mail daily.
- Order office supplies weekly.
- Present a clean, pleasant, professional image to project a positive appearance to potential guests and clients.Job
- Contribute and work as a "team member" in all facets of the position.
- Perform other services and duties as requested by the Director of Sales and Marketing or the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1- 2 years prior experience in same or similar capacity is required.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time