Plunge Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Excellent opportunity for a Bar Back to join The Plunge Beach Resort!
Who this job will appeal to
- Friendly and professional bar back who enjoy fast paced environment ensuring guest satisfaction.
What you will be doing
- Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful, CARING attitude of EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate guests’ needs, running necessary food and beverage items to assist the bartender ensuring guests are provided with excellent service
- Adhere to proper food handling and serving techniques, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Practice “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times
- Assist as needed with set up of the bar in compliance with policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Complete assigned breakdown and closing side work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent attitude a must!
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
- Basic knowledge of F&B preparation, service standards, guest relations and restaurant etiquette
- Abide by company appearance standards and with the designated uniform
- Ability and dedication to exceed service standards and providing these services the the highest degree
- Hospitality experience in a restaurant / bar capacity a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and work in an outside - beach environment.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.