AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Why You Want to Work for Us...
HVMG is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals.
We are excited to share this amazing opportunity to join HVMG and continue our long partnership with Marriott as the pre-opening/opening at the AC Hotels by Marriott, Ft. Lauderdale.
The New Modern A.C. Hotels by Marriott® The hotels are guided by the philosophy that everything should have a “why.” Carefully curated, stripping away the unnecessary, and uncover the beauty in the essentials, in order to draw your attention to small, thoughtfully designed moments of beauty that elevate your stay. You can learn more about this exciting premium select-service brand at www.achotels.marriott.com
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- Enjoys project management and has the ability to manage all stake holders expectations through pre-opening and opening and operations.
- Enjoys sourcing, recruiting and hiring a high performing team to deliver results.
- Local market knowledge experience preferred. Ability to create a sense of place and experience unique to the hotel and location.
- People who enjoy working at a property that takes an active role in the community.
- Someone who is creative while being profit driven.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The ideal candidate is an individual with proven experience opening a 150 plus room hotel, soft brand Marriott - AC Hotels preferable. You will have proven experience and a consistent track record of high performance in all KPI. You will be able to drive total Hotel Revenue, a track record of success programming and executing exceptional Guest Service, Food and Beverage and over-all hotel experiences for our guests.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Requires a minimum of 5 plus years of leadership experience in a lifestyle/boutique hotel, full-service.
- Recent GM opening experience 150+ rooms.
- Experience working closely with ownership groups.
- Exceptional strength in leadership/team building.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience and lead by example.
- Inclusive management style.
- Proven successful leadership experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience training associates.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all associates with a mind set of excellence.
- Understand the brand requirements and partner effectively to deliver results.
- Coach associates how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Work autonomously.
- Proficient knowledge of computers in order to complete essential job functions successfully.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Excellent budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Understand, lead and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Thorough understanding of HR requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Forecasting skills.
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Cultivate business relationships, both current and new.
- Involved with local community to develop business and grow awareness.
- Manage and prioritize needs of all partners, guests, associates and partners (owners/managers).
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays