Sports and Leisure Sales Manager
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Troy Auburn Hills, Troy, MI
About This Job
The ideal candidate will produce sports and leisure sales in the Troy and surrounding areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone contact, written communications and strong emphasis on outside sales calls. Exciting times are on the rise, the property is currently undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation. We need a rockstar who strives to compete and is always looking to continuously improve. This position champions the traditional SMERF market segments.
- Proven ability to chase down leads and close potential business
- Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing corporate group related opportunities
- Respond to corporate RFP’s and securing new locally negotiated rates
- Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity
- Travel locally, to complete personal sales calls and presentations to customers.
- Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Provides service to our customers in order to grow the account on behalf of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Troy/Auburn Hills
Other duties include:
- Successfully achieve and exceed quarterly individual production goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new corporate business through successful prospecting, site tours, sales blitzes, prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, use of reader board analysis, and networking.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts, organizations and professional companies to maintain high visibility and increase market share.
- Work closely with DMCVB and other entities to generate leads.
- Successfully and consistently achieve minimum weekly sales activity requirements. Track all weekly sales activities including goal-to-current production status using hotel sales system.
- Conduct telephone prospect calling on pre-selected databases of group business opportunities and those accounts which you know and any other resources to generate more group business.
- Manage relationships with key account planners and decision makers.
- Attend local travel related association group meetings
- Ability to multi-task and time manage
- Conduct sales presentations to clients using the latest technology
- Prepare and execute effective sales action plans for the corporate group and business travel markets.
- Execute sales efforts as outlined in the sales & marketing plan.
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels for additional sales lead sources.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
The ideal candidate must be someone that is a team player, has strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once and possess a minimum of four years of experience in the position of Hotel Sales Manager. This position requires knowledge of a hotel structure and how departments interact. Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare cost proposals. Computer literate in Word and Excel software applications. Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet clientele needs and resolve complaints. Ability to listen, speak and write to ascertain and respond to client needs.
- Health Insurance
- Dental & visual coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick days after one year of employment
- Hilton Discounts nationwide
- Sales Bonus
Delphi FDC training preferred
4 years experience or training
Strong organizational skills
Knowledge of hotel structure and how departments interact.
Computer literate in Word and Excel
Excellent communication skills.