Plunge Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in hotel including restaurants and outlets by performing the following duties.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs basic electrical fixtures, switches and outlets.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Maintains and repairs furnishings, benches, partitions, and other structures throughout the Hotel.
- Maintains a Preventive Maintenance Program within the rooms to insure they are being kept up to standards on a quarterly basis and the proper documentation is being recorded.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- When coming in contact with a customer, acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting is given at all times.
- Associate is able to assist customer on in house outlet information along with local information.
- Response to maintenance requests received from the housekeeping department is responded to within 10 minutes or less.
- Response to customer requests for maintenance assistance is responded to in 10 minutes or less.
- Parking Lot and Grounds will be patrolled on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Pool chemical testing must be completed a minimum of once a day.
- Emergency lighting is to be checked a minimum of once a week.
- In-room smoke detectors are to be checked monthly.
- Customers name will be used at all times upon entering a room to repair a maintenance request.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will have the knowledge to be empowered to assist the customer in resolving the problem.
- Keep a daily maintenance log of all work performed on all areas of the hotel/motel.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and be aware of any potential chemical hazards and the protective equipment needs in handling them.
- Maintain property exterior curb appeal and landscaping per company procedure and standards.
One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-3 years experience in related field preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, & Life Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation & Sick/Personal Days
- Hotel Discount Program
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.