Lead Restaurant Cook
Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton, Vail, CO
Who this job will appeal to
A fun energetic team player looking for an opportunity to learn and grow!
What you will be doing
As a Lead Restaurant Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with sanitation standards at all times
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food areas
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal,
state, local and company regulations. Serv Safe certification preferred.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
- Other: All duties as assigned by Chef and Management
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following:regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One to three months related experience and/or training as lead line cook.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Winter Benefit Package which can be used towards one of the following: Merchant Ski Pass, Eco Transit Bus Pass or a Gift Card.
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts
- Employee Parking