Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton, Vail, CO
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for insuring culinary success through the direction and control of the kitchen operations and to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. This position is a working Chef who's hands on responsibility is to direct the kitchen operation to maintain the highest standards of food quality and to ensure that cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards are being met by directing and supervising heart of the house members.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Lead and instruct kitchen staff in details of preparing menu items. Oversees food preparation during meal periods including special events.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- Bring designated culinary dishes to life by carefully and safely preparing food
- Develop menus with food preparation and presentation standards. Ensure that all standards of Excellence are upheld while maintaining proper health and safety codes ensuring a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities
- Maintain responsibility for the hiring, training and proficiency of all culinary employees, including the performance reviews, assigning and directing work; rewarding and coaching employees. Familiarizes newly hired Cooks with practices of kitchen and oversees training of Cook Apprentices.
- Be responsible for the execution of all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
- Meet the financial targets, control the Culinary budgeting process, i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. and all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Creative, current on food and industry trends.
- Must be able to manage all BOH standards, food and labor costs, have strong culinary skills and excellent communication skills.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills with some kitchen experience preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following:regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
Education & Experience
Two year degree in Culinary Arts; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years experience in a similar role. Preferably in a hotel environment
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Winter Benefit Package which can be used towards one of the following: Merchant Ski Pass, Eco Transit Bus Pass or a Gift Card.
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts
- Employee Parking
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.