Assistant Director of Engineering
Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
Current opportunity for you and your amazing technical skills to join an innovative and Excellent team!
Who this job will appeal to
Someone who is curious to know how things work and LOVES to keep them working!
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the HVMG handbook.
- Participates fully in our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Accomplishes maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and review; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Designs the organization for optimal customer service. Promotes excellence by providing superior service to each customer.
- Skilled at supervising work for a team of individuals with differing levels of skill to enable them to achieve performance and quality standards.
- Capable of staffing, structuring, and maintaining a productive team of highly skilled employees.
- Deep understanding of technology developed through real-world experience * Extensive technical leadership experience in multiple settings. Inspires technical people to achieve outstanding results.
- Expert at hands-on equipment maintenance.
- Expert at resolving electronics failures, using such tools as test clips for device packages along with grabbers, SMD tweezers, probes, and insertion/extraction tools.
- Ability to lift 75lbs.
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort