Room Service Servers (PM)
Atlanta Marriott Northeast/Emory Area, Atlanta, GA
Serves meals to guests in their rooms by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
- Takes room service orders over telephone and relays orders to kitchen.
- Carries silverware, linen, and food on tray or uses serving cart to transport order to room.
- Sets up table and serves food from cart.
- Answers questions regarding room service and responds to requests for additional food or drink service.
- Collects or stacks dirty dishes on tray, table, or serving cart and removes from room or retrieves from hall outside of room. Tray run completed ever hour.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist customers when questioned.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself to assist the customer at all times.
- Associate will make every effort to obtain customers name and use it when addressing customer.
- Proper uniform must be worn at all times (to include nametag).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time
Current Job Openings
at Atlanta Marriott Northeast/Emory Area