Regional Director Operations (Select Service)
Hospitality Ventures Management Group, Atlanta, GA
Who this job will appeal to..
An experienced, passionate leader who is able to lead and inspire their team to achieve desired results in all KPI's. You will love travel, connecting with associates and be skilled at building and maintaining Excellent owner/asset manager relationships, independently and through your General Managers.
What you will be doing..
Provide hands-on leadership, support and direction to general managers, directors of sales, and operations leaders in an assigned portfolio of hotels. Success will be defined by exceeding brand guest satisfaction goals, developing talent, exceeding revenue and profitability targets, and developing strong relationships with colleagues, owners, and brands.
- Ensure that assigned properties have the best available and qualified talent and resources in place to achieve HVMG’s Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide on-going evaluation, mentoring, and professional development of General Managers and department heads.
- Ensure the activation and utilization of all relevant HVMG systems, resources, and programs related to culture, talent, guest excellence, revenue, profitability, and accounting.
- Ensure the activation and utilization of all relevant brand systems, resources, and programs related to culture, talent, guest excellence, revenue, profitability, and accounting with the goal of distinguishing HVMG as an excellent brand partner.
- Lead and support the deployment of new HVMG policies, reports and procedures as needed across the assigned hotels.
- Lead the annual business planning and budgeting process for the assigned hotels.
- Actively participate in performance review processes with owners and asset managers for assigned hotels and approve performance evaluations for all assigned General Managers and Department Heads.
- .Prepare and deliver timely performance evaluations and set goals/objectives for direct reports as per the HVMG EDP process.
- Approve performance evaluations for all assigned General Managers and Department Heads. Review all bonuses and raises for salaried staff across all properties; present to RVP & COO for approval.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and selection of General Managers and department heads of assigned properties. Ensure that all new leaders receive required brand and HV training.
- Support a proactive Human Resources function and ensure compliance with all state, federal and local employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Attend weekly Revenue Management meetings as required and other hotel meetings as requested/required for assigned hotels.
- Lead food and beverage support efforts across HV hotels. Support areas include, and are not limited to, menu development and cost controls
- Be a leader and role model to all associates and promote the HVMG Purpose and Vision by example.
- Professionally represent the Company at industry events, trade shows and marketing meetings as needed/required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Lead regular meetings / conference calls with assigned hotel teams to review performance:, set performance goals, and develop relevant action plans.
Key Performance Indicators review results and trends
Weekly Updates – GSS results, , recruiting and retention issues, market performance, sales team successes, etc.
Owner and brand initiatives
A/R / and accounting issues
- Ability to travel on a constant basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience required.
- 10 years of related hotel experience - Select Service Brands, including operational experience as GM.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401K with match - immediate vesting!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays