Food Beverage Supervisor
Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport, Greensboro, NC
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible to assist the Restaurant Manger in the management and leadership of all aspects of Brush Creek Grille Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, and any special events that benefit these outlets. Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :( include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in restaurant.
- The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Dining room layout, table, station numbers and “Pivot Points”, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range, dress code, and manual system procedures.
- Daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIPs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
- Follow par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.
- Monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle extended waiting lines.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies and work areas.
- Handle all aspects of closing, including: running system closing reports and ensuring that all servers' checks are closed before they sign out; ensuring all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out
- Assist in preparation and submission of daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Directly supervises 5-20 employees in the Banquet and Catering. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
- Planning, assigning, and directing work;
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage a variety of tasks while remaining personable.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guests’ service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- Exert physical effort in transporting a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Able to spend a minimum of 8 hours on feet during a shift.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Restaurant, Room Service areas, Service areas, Stock Rooms, Public Spaces, Kitchen and
- Job involves working:
- In upscale, casual, guest room and high volume areas
- Managing the efficiency and guest relations of staff who possess a variety of personalities.
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.