Plunge Beach Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Supervise the performance of room attendants and general cleaning and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior, and work practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
Inspect guest rooms, guest areas and employee areas and assess compliance with all established standards as they relate to cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security.
Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
Issues supplies and equipment to workers and insures operational expenses are in line with budget.
Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
Enforces company/hotel policies and procedures.
Assist Executive Housekeeper with the scheduling of staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on customer lost and
Administers inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
Enforcement of all associates being in full uniform at all times.
Lead by example in using customers name whenever possible, handling a customer problem
in an empowered way.
Insure maid carts are restocked in a clean and organized manner with 15 minutes from
Insure maintenance concerns in rooms are communicated to you within 1 hour of time found.
Insure commercial area is monitored a minimum of 6 times throughout the day.
Insure customer requests for supplies are delivered within 10 minutes.
Insure all items from lost and found are returned to the customer within 2 days of receiving call
Vacant and clean rooms are to be checked daily to insure their status is correct.
Insure all storerooms are kept clean, organized and secure at all times.
Complete Room Attendant and Laundry Attendant duties as required ( see individual job
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- - Previous housekeeping experience desirable.
- - Neat, pleasant personality.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- - Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Local applicants will be considered first.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience strongly desired.
- An energetic personality.
- Free Parking
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Current Job Openings
at Plunge Beach Hotel