Executive Housekeeping Manager
Hyatt Regency Houston Intercontinental Hotel, Houston, TX
Energetic organized individual with previous Executive Housekeeper or Supervisor experience with a major brand.
What you will be doing
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers and insures operational expenses are in line with budget.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Supervises and oversees all the personnel issues relating to her/his department (hiring, firing, development reviews, training).
- Conducts or training of new employees to explain housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. Attends periodic staff meetings.
- To make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses and develops action plans for items needing improvement.
- Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Trains standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on customer lost and found items.
- Maintains standard procedures for security of on-loan equipment.
- Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Administers inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Ensuring that customer requests for housekeeping services are provided in 30 minutes or less.
- Lead by example in using customers name whenever possible, handling a customer problem in an empowered way.
- Ensure maid carts are restocked in a clean and organized manner with 15 minutes from completing work.
- Ensure maintenance concerns in rooms are communicated to you within 1 hour of time.
- Ensure items from lost and found are returned to the customer within 2 days of receiving call from customer.
- Vacant and clean rooms are to be checked daily to insure their status is correct.
- Housekeeping Report will be matched with the bucket daily and any discrepancies researched and documented.
- Ensure all storerooms are kept clean, organized and secure at all times.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time
Education & Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Six months to one year related experience and /or training
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts