The Burgess, Atlanta, GA
About the hotel
The Burgess is the newest boutique hotel joining the city’s flourishing Buckhead scene, offering an unforgettable lifestyle experience that is truly - In The Moment. The hotel is currently being transformed into a 100-room boutique hotel in the heart of the Atlanta’s Buckhead district part of the Trademark Collection by Wyndham.
Why You Want to Work for Us...
HVMG is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The ideal candidate is a high energy/hands-on motivated individual to join our opening team. The Controller is responsible for the following: managing the full month end close process, monthly forecasting, active member in the annual budget process, and other special projects.
What you will be doing
- Supervises the financial department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, general cashiers, and night auditors.
- Assist with Month End closing and financial reporting
- Ensure adherence to Internal Audit procedures
- Monthly and quarterly Internal Audit Review
- Retail inventory Reconciliation support and Food and Beverage Reconciliation
- Balance Sheet reconciliation and review
- Support Retail Inventory systems and procedures
- Controls all revenues received and dispersed.
- Plans and implements accounting procedures and systems.
- Assists in preparing the financial analysis of operations.
- Assists in preparing reports outlining the hotel's financial position in areas of income, expense and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Maintains files of all contracts, payroll, etc.
- Coaches, trains, and developes associates under their supervision.
- Assists in preparing accounting analysis as directed by HVMG or the General Manager.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 4+ years of direct hotel accounting experience in an boutique/lifestyle or soft branded hotel.
- Must be able to lead finance and accounting disciplines.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, this position may be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and highly attainable bonus program