Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Center, Atlanta, GA
The Engineer will assist guests with maintenance or other requests. May also assist in preventive maintenance programs.
What you will be doing
- Follow up and resolve guest maintenance problems and requests.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance tasks in all guestrooms and other resort areas (i.e. change filters, replace light bulbs, repair drapery tracks, replacement of property and guest room light bulbs, remote control batteries, plugged toilets, plugged sinks and drains, and drapery track problems.
- Identify problems that cannot be readily repaired in the guest rooms and create work orders.
- Complete basic work order requests.
- Perform swimming pool chemical tests and make necessary corrections.
- Accurately complete daily rounds sheets and identify and report problems.
- Able to assist other departments at Chief Engineers discretion.
- Will train applicant as needed.
- One year experience in a similar job of scope and responsibility in hospitality industry and/or condominium complex.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of EMS and life safety systems, with training.
- Working knowledge in plumbing, electrical, dry wall and basic construction required.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- An energetic personality.
- High School degree or equivalent.
Must be available to work a variety of shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Free Parking
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.